Monument Of Transparency
- Urban Situation: The site we’ve chosen is facing Mies Van der rohe’s iconic building, The S.R crown hall, so we sought to connect the new memorial with it, given its important status.
- Implementation: The Library is pushed underground as to pay respect to the old building, and so the memorial balances the juxtaposition between the Legacy of Mies van der rohe (above the horizon) and the new memorial (below the horizon)
- Memorial: A glass monument was placed at the top of the memorial, it is the only part of the Library that is above ground, and it is dedicated to Mies van der rohe, and is a testament to his most known philosophy Transparency, and Nothingness
- Plaza Entrance: A ramp that extends from the Crown hall’s back entrance, forming the connection to the past with the new Library.
- Mies’s Memorial: A monument dedicated to mies van der rohe, and is a represents his most prominent feature, Transparency
- Auditorium: the Auditorium is placed as a central piece in the project, and is in the main vision axis of the entrance
- Amphitheater: Continues the main axis of the Ramp, and Provides a new public space for the campus that can be used for a number of various activities,
- Alba: A strong visual element at the main Axis of the memorial, defined by an opening in the roof, in a hint to its former role in Mies’s Famous Barcelona Pavilion.
- Axis: The memorial is informed by one main axis, with all the significant elements of it aligned along it.
read more +